Saturday, June 13, 2015

I just block em' out

When they start talkin' out of both sides of their mouths, I block em' out.

When they want to pretend like their slowlane wisdom has any bearing on my reality, I just block em' out.

When they whine and bitch and complain, I just block em' out.

When they act like they know better than me, I just block em' out.

When they dig their graves with words, I just block em' out.

When they forget that it is their privelge to deal with such a genius, I just block em' out.

When I am tempted to get angry at the current situation, I remember that I am going to erase all of this, and I just block em' out.

When they try to tell my why I am not successful, I just block em' out.

I just remind myself that they are not on my level, and they could never hope to be, and I just block em' out.

When they try to tell me about the mundane nonsense in life, I just respond like a child being told to clean his room, and I just block em' out.

When they come to me with their rat race stories and their rat race ideas, I just block em' out.

When they tell me about their non-genius ideas, I remind myself that I am a genius and that they are not - and I just block em' out.

When they start talking, I put on my head phones, and just block em' out.

When they try to tell me that money isn't everything, I just block em' out.

When they try to tell me that money doesn't buy happiness, I just block em' out.

When they try to play mind games with me, I just block em' out.

When they try to tell me this, that or almost anything - I just fuckin' block em' out.

When they think that - just because they think they know me, they know everything about me and everything about my future - I just block em' out.

When they try to give me advice, I just block em' out.

When they yell or taunt me to my face, I just block em' out.

When they take their gifts for granted, I just block em' out.

When they insulted me, I just blocked em' out.

When they attacked me, I just blocked em' out.

When they say my name, I just block em' out.

When they make threats, I just block em' out.

When they try to act like my ally - and forget how they acted as my enemies - I just block em' out.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment