Wednesday, June 17, 2015

Look What You Created

In the show Lie to Me, Kyle Lightman talks about how to create a monster. He talks about how the way to do is to keep someone in captivity, and subject them to extreme criticism. This type of treatment doesn't necessarily have to take place in some rusty, Saw-style basement. This type of torture is often created in the homes of America, by abusive parents. Their offspring is often nasty and highly confrontational. I've seen examples of this type of behavior among American siblings, and the irony is that the children are brought up in a so-called Christian home.
Interestingly, in Jurassic World, Indominous Rex was created in captivity. Bred in captivity and held captive in solo. And then the monster finally broke free.



I think that if I were to add up the total number of negative statements said in my direction, over the years, I think I would have a very high amount, an unusually high level of negative B.S. Spewed in my direction. Everything, from being called crazy, psychotic, retarded, etc. I've had my manhood questioned, my hustles doubted. The treatment I've endured reminds me of what Robert Greene discusses in the 50th Law, with the system of slavery that was set up to crush every bit of self-esteem within. And yet, the character described in the 50th Law kept his chin up and did everything he did to control his own sense of self. He refused to form low opinions of himself, despite the environment that he lived through.

No comments:

Post a Comment